Guided tour of Pathalizer - Running
- First, go to the download page and get Pathalizer, the example access.log, and any prerequisites you might need.
- Install the prerequisites
- Start Pathalizer, and add the example access.log to the logfile list
- This logfile contains the logs for a vhost that is reachable under http://wiki.wxwidgets.org. Add that to the Hostnames list.
- First, we will check that the logfile is properly converted to events.
You should get a notepad with a line for each hit or referrer.
- Go to the Output tab
- select events as output option
- hit Start.
- Now also observe there are several names for the `home page'. We add a `unify' for this:
- Go to the Filter tab
- Go to advanced filtering
- Click Add Target.. and name it HOME PAGE.
- Select the HOME PAGE node
- Add ^/$ and ^/wiki\.pl\?WxWiki$ to this node
- Now, you can generate pretty pictures in various formats from the Output tab